Bathing in Black and White.

1/18/10

For whatever reason, I have the hardest time getting pictures to turn out decent in our bathroom. The color is always funky-- usually a sickly yellow. I know it's because of a white balance issue and because there is no natural lighting to be found. So the other day, as I was snapping away wanting to get some shots of C's lovely cowlick (which has taken on a personality of its own lately)-- it came to me (I'm a little slow) to shoot in black & white. And tah-dah (or tah- DUH), the sickly yellow problem was solved.


January2010_11


Took this shot in the mirror.
January2010_3


It wouldn't be a bath without some superhero action.
January2010_2


Oblivious to the giant cowlick taking over his melon.
January2010_4


And a rear shot of the cowlicky beast.
January2010_5


And a profile shot. Had to cover all the bases.
January2010_6


"Can't see the cowlick in this one, now can ya?"
January2010_8


BFF's.
January2010_7


January2010_13


January2010_12


He wet his hair in this one. He was getting wise to my cowlick-picture-taking. Smart little booger.
January2010_9


Seriously mom, are you done yet?"
January2010_10

7 comments:

  1. Tina Dalgren said...:

    And I thought my kiddo's cowlicks were bad! I will complain no more.......fabulous shots as usual. C will have the best documented childhood in history! Betcha you have thousands of pictures of him! He is adorable, though. I don' t blame you!

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Hahahaha -- what a fun post! Made me grinneth.
    ~ D

  1. Anonymous said...:

    What a cowlick! Whoever came up with a name like that for a piece of hair?? But Connor's is much better looking than anything related to a cow, I'd say...Love the kid, love the cowlick, too!
    Nana

  1. sarah said...:

    ha!! i always convert to bw in inside shots. i can't figure it out otherwise.

    these are beautiful pictures, though. they were made for bw! his porcelain skin, the white tile and white bathtub and then his dark hair with his dark eyes. these are fantastic.

  1. Julie said...:

    Wow - well you figured out your bathroom lighting problem because those pictures are great!

    Julie
    www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

  1. Thank you all for the great comments-- & thanks to the newcomers for stopping by! : )

    ~ Deb

  1. tammy said...:

    I think the B&W worked great! I love tub pics and have the same problem...thanks for the tip! (I linked to you from PW! :)